The Holy Cross Convent school & Junior College belongs to the congregation of the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross. It was founded by Fr Theodosius Florentini and by Mother Maria Theresa Scherer in 1856 in Switzerland.
It renders a variety of services in the field of education, medical and socio-pastoral apostolate all over the world.
In India Sisters are working in 18 different states.
“The need of time is the will of God”
“Do what lies in your power day after day”
“Love knows no measure”
“Living a life of love means leaving all fear behind”
Fr. Theodosius Florentini was capuchin priest from Switzerland who lived at the time of the industrial revolution in Europe. He was zealous defender of faith, and eminent educationist, a social reformer, a friend of poor and working class. He was man of vision 100 years ahead of his time. His alert mind and quick perception combined with a compassionate heart enabled him to understand the problems of his times namely exploitation, poverty, injustice and unrest among the people. His answer to all these problems was education.
He recognized the role of women in the society and in the family. Therefore, he ventured to start a congregation of women which would fit everywhere. Thus, the congregation of Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross was founded in 1856 at Ingenbohl, Switzerland by Fr. Theodosius Florentini and Foundress Mother Maria Theresa Scherer. Both the Founders had boundless trust in God and had great courage to take risks and had an active lover for God and for the poor. Dynamics, humanism and confidence in God are outstanding qualities that characterizes our Founders.